Saturday, January 28, 2012


I did these projects simultaneously with first graders. The first week we talked about patterns and glued all the pasta to create a radial pattern snowflake. While they worked on that, I also called one group at a time to paint the snowballs for their snowman. We used a half way blown up balloon as a stamp to stamp the paint onto the page. The next week they painted their pasta snowflake white and we read The Biggest Best Snowman. They then finished their snowman by adding all the details with construction paper crayons.

1 comments:

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Wonderful! You've just helped me with my projects for next week!!! We created snowflakes out of various junk, talking about symmetry and yada, yada, yada. Rotating tables and changing ideas. However, I wanted to take it a little further and the pasta wins! And the snowmen are wonderful...gonna do that one too. I teach K-2 and they are not big on doing projects that take more than 2 class times...works for me:-) Best, Vicki

Post a Comment